Check Out My Blog

Sunday 9 September 2012

Sleep

This post is on sleep. Sleep is something that I really enjoy, I would even count it as a hobby but I feel like I don't get enough. Or more correctly, I feel like I don't get it, when I want it. I have rather a lot of difficulty getting to sleep at night and waking up in the morning bringing me to one / two conclusion. The first on is that I still suffer from jetlag from the flight from Sri-Lanka to here wich I took when I was four. The second is that I'm nocturnal.

Even though being nocturnal is pretty cool, I have to say, I'm totally finding evidence for why I'm suffering from jetlag. For example, when I returned to Sri-Lanka, I naturally woke up at 6:00AM!! Thats crazy!! I mean, I have woken up at 4:00 sometimes at my own place, here in England, but never consistently. This waking up at 6:00 was perfectly timed, in England, this would be my perfect waking up time considering the time difference between my home land and Sri Lanka.

A piece of evidence to prove that I'm NOT nocturnal is another thing I have posession of. Heres the story: Being how I am, I love parties! Free food, dancing, music. Just a really great time. Lately, I seem to be going to more parties later and later in the night. And my body doesn't like this. If I had known we were going to be at a party, I would of soooo slept in and given myself a few more hours, however, one of the un-solved problems within my family is that for some reason, my parents have difficulty communicating important issues such as upcoming parties to us, so we have no idea until a few hours before we leave. However, let me just point out that they have absolutley no difficulty repeatedly screaming at us to do the dishes, or our homework etc.

So, ofcourse, this paragraph is going to have another story, and this one is the main point of this whole post. It occured literally a few minutes ago. I'm gonna skip out the prologue cuz it entails a lot of my mum throwing a tantrum ( rather usual actually ) but I don't think you guys really deserve that. Anyways, I was lounging around in my sisters room, stroking her fuzzy blanket and wishing I had a cat when I unconciously fell asleep. A few hours later (I'm guessing here), my mum gets out the shower and starts her daily party-pooping regime. She wakes me up, banshee-screaming at me to go do something useful and stop lounging around. I had no interest in processing what she had said to me so I just hustled into my room and curled up on the bed. Sure enough, she storms in, and raises the roof, telling me not to go to sleep or close the door. Now, I am very proud of my ability of being able to sleep through loud noises ... such as power drills... Anyways, I totally ignore but decide to cover my head in a pillow, this works for about 20 minutes when she starts screaming once again from (I think) my sisters' room.

At this point, I just wanted to sleep, but I knew that wherever I slept she would tear me from my comfort so, I crawled into the bathroom and locked the door. For a while, I was happy and comfortable, sleeping in the bathroom. However, as most of my stories are, they don't have a happy ending. My bathroom is one of the places where you can hear everything from, When I say everything, I mean outside and such, in High Definition.

So, my sister (I swear she was trying to troll me!!) goes outside and starts watering the plants with the hose. This might not sound bad, but remember what I said about HD? Well I could hear the hose scraping the ground and the water bouncing of the soil. I swear you hear things better in the bathroom than downstairs!!

So thats the story behind this post. Another thing before I finish of, I want a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment